10 point spring sprinkler system start up:
1. Clean any mainline irrigation filters
2. Turn on water at stop and waste
3. Properly set and turn on back flow preventer
4. Check all valves and manifolds for leaks
5. Turn on irrigation zones 1 by 1 and inspect for soggy spots in the lawn, pressure loss, or non working sprinkler heads.
6. Inspect pop up spray sprinkler lines for clogged nozzles
7. Reset sprinkler system control timer for proper seasonal watering time
8. Inspect drip-line for proper watering and leaks in the drip line
9. Before Staring System close Backflow.
10. Provide a detailed list of any sprinkler repairs discovered during initial start up
At Lawn Pros we design and install sprinkler systems for residential and commercial properties of all sizes. We guarantee 100% coverage of your property by using state-of-the-art design and engineering. Our custom solutions will enhance the beauty and value of any property and will eliminate the need for time-consuming hand watering.
Any good sprinkler system starts with the design. Our systems are designed to maximize the health of your landscape by:
1. Determining the specific needs of each area of your landscape, including turf, plants, annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees. Areas with full sun and "thirsty" plants are planned for more water, shady areas receive less.
2. Selecting the appropriate sprinkler heads and locations to ensure uniform coverage. Proper overlap is essential to maintain a high-efficiency system. If sprinklers are spaced incorrectly, some areas will need to be overwatered just to keep the lawn green.
3. Utilizing the latest in water conservation equipment such as drip irrigation, rain sensors, computerized programmable timers, flow control zone valves, and back flow devices.
Lawn Pros technicians implement your design with surgical precision. Following the guidelines of the National Irrigation Association and using the latest tools and equipment, we install commercial grade system components without leaving a mark on your landscape.
In addition to the installation, we continue to maintain systems year round from spring turn on to winterization. We monitor the system and fine tune coverage and timer settings when and where needed. Behind every lush, green landscape is a good irrigation system. And your irrigation system is only as good as the design that is used to create it.
Lawn Pros strongly recommends a professional irrigation design for any landscape project. If possible, the property owner, landscape architect, and Lawn Pros should consult during the initial design phase to insure a smooth integration of all outdoor work and to allow for a straight-forward installation.
It is crucial in the design phase to understand the requirements of your particular landscape: how much water is needed, how to apply uniformly across all plantings, and how to apply in a cost effective and efficient manner.
When installed, your Lawn Pros irrigation system will:
• Promote a healthy, thriving landscape
• Deliver water in an efficient and cost effective manner
• Utilize the proper grade irrigation equipment
• Provide many years of quality service
• Conserve water
New Sprinkler Installations:
Installing a new sprinkler system is a complex process. Your landscape is an important part of your home. At Lawn Pros we believe that careful planning is critical to the long-term commitment to the delivery of water and maintaining a healthy and vibrant landscape. And the best installations start out with an irrigation design suited to your needs.
Our Lawn Pros project managers meet with the homeowner and landscape architect at the start of the project to see the location of:
* Trees, Shrubs, Beds, and Gardens
* Driveways, Patios, and Walkways
* Pools, Spas, and Fire Pits
* Underground utilities such as gas, electric, telephone, and cable
* Septic and Sewer systems
* Outdoor lighting
* Any planned future additions or changes
Steps to Installing the Right Sprinkler System:
We will carefully mark out all the locations of the sprinkler heads to be installed. A typical lawn sprinkler system requires over 50 different components which we assemble on site.
Finally, we are ready for installation. We use the latest equipment including: trenchers of all sizes, pipe pulling equipment, backhoes, and pneumatic missiles. After installation all areas disturbed by our work are carefully backfilled, tamped, and raked.
We conclude our process with some important fine tuning. We check to make sure your system has the correct water pressure to function properly. Adjustments are also made to ensure proper rotation, spray, and distance for head-to-head coverage.
Lastly, we set the controller for odd or even days. Typically we recommend watering between 2 AM and 4 AM with the cycle completing by 6 AM. Early morning watering is the best time for three important reasons: 1) greatest water pressure, 2) little wind, and 3) little or no evaporation. As always, we look to save you water and money by using the latest equipment including: Toro Rain Sensors, Hunter Solar Sync, and Rain Bird Soil Moisture Sensors.
Drip Irrigation Systems
Drip Irrigation is an irrigation technology that has been around for more than 30 years. Drip Irrigation, or micro-irrigation, is a low volume method of delivering water slowly and close to the roots of plants.
Why Drip Irrigation?
The idea of slowly releasing water near the root zone of plants is a powerful one for modern irrigation systems. Plants receive water directly at the root level where it is needed most. In an era where the cost of water is skyrocketing and shortages and restrictions are commonplace, Drip Irrigation is becoming an integral component of many irrigation systems. And it saves you money!
How it Works:
The Lawn Pros team utilizes a wide variety of devices to custom design a system to fit your needs. Some of these devises include:
• Drip emitters
• Micro sprays
Lawn Pros Drip Irrigation Systems are designed to allow water to be slowly absorbed into the soil, only when needed. Typically, Drip Irrigation will release ½ gallon per hour versus 2 gallon per minute for sprinkler heads. There is almost no loss to evaporation or run off since the water is delivered directly to the roots.
The flexibility of the Lawn Pros Drip Irrigation System makes the options for customization limitless. Flexible tubing and the variety of emitter devices make it easy to fit irregular shapes or narrow planting beds. The system is also adaptable and changeable so you can easily expand to meet the future needs of your plants and gardens. Conventional sprinklers are great for turf; drip irrigation is perfect for planting gardens and beds or any other combination within the same system.
The cost to install a Drip Irrigation System is relatively low and the benefits are quite appealing:
• Save up to 50% on water costs
• Faster growth, healthier plants, and fewer pests
• Minimize and reduce soil erosion on slope areas
• Highly uniform distribution of water, same distribution at the 1st and last emitter
• Systems can be managed with AC or battery powered controllers, allowing automated irrigation in areas with no AC
• Plants can grow as needed, conventional spray systems need to be modified
• Designed especially for pots, containers, raised beds, and window boxes
• Avoid randomly watering your plants and the weeds
• Target where, when, and how often you water your plants
The Lawn Pros Spring Turn On
At Lawn Pros, we take spring turn on very seriously. Your system is actually a complex series of plumbing and electrical parts that need to be maintained. The Lawn Pros Spring Turn On checklist includes the following:
• Overall system check: We do this by slowly turning on the main valve and gently letting water fill in the sprinkler main and manifold. Once the system is filled, we check for leaks:
* manifold and zone valves
* backflow device
* all zones
* all sprinkler heads
• Sprinkler Controller: We will trouble shoot your controller and program your watering schedule. If your controller is more than 10 years old, we can update it. You will recover the cost in water savings in one year.
• Rain Sensor: We will make sure your rain sensor is working properly. Rain sensors are sensitive instruments and should be changed every 5-10 years.
• System Wiring: Inspect field wiring between controller and zone valves. The freeze/thaw action of the ground, mice, rats, and rodents can all damage the wire. At the same time we will check all wire splices. Wire splices should be protected using waterproof electrical connectors.
• Backflow Device: Visually examine the backflow device and test if required by the local water department. Lawn Pros recommends that backflow devices be rebuilt every five years. If it is over 10 years old, consider replacing.
• Landscape Coverage: Finally, check sprinkler system for coverage of your landscape. As landscapes mature sprinkler heads may need to be moved, added, or shut off. The nozzles in the sprinkler head may need to be increased or reduced.
A finely tuned sprinkler system will keep your landscape healthy all year. Here are four important benefits to the Lawn Pros Spring Turn On:
1. Ensures the proper irrigation to produce a thick, green, lush lawn all summer.
2. Conserves water, fertilizer, and energy thereby saving you money that would be wasted unnecessarily.
3. Maintains all components in working order making them less vulnerable to the rigors of the elements.
4. Operates at peak efficiency during the hottest, driest part of the season.
The bottom line is the Lawn Pros Spring Turn On, performed correctly, will irrigate at the proper rate while helping conserve both water and money.